TREKKING K2 BASE CAMP.
Baltoro Glacier , Concordia , Ghondoghoro La.
For the citizens of Pakistan: PKR 1,00,000/person.
For Foreigners: $ 2,000/person.
* July 15, 2018 to August 1, 2108
*August 10, 2018 to August 27, 2018
Baltoro region has world greatest cluster of highest peaks, with 4 eight thousand meters high peaks around Concordia, the famous junction of some of the worlds largest glaciers. Gasherbrum 2, Broad Peak and Gasherbrum 1 are listed among the 14, eight thousanders crowned by the mount of the mountain, K2 at 8611meters.
Trekking on Baltoro Glacier, reaching Concordia and K2 base camp is one of the worlds famous trekking routes, while crossing Ghondoghoro La at 5650m needs good technical experience and equipment. K2 base camp track is one of the mot rewarding and challenging routes in the world.
- Day 1: Islamabad – Besham – Chilas
We depart from Islamabad and arrive at Besham crossing the famous towns of Abbottabad and Mansehra. Later on following the upstream course of River Indus, we will make photo stops at Shatial rocks with ancient graffiti’s on it. After a long day aboard, we arrive at Chilas and transfer to hotel.
- Day 2: Chilas – Kachura Lake – Skardu
We keep on following the course of River Indus, and make a brief stop at Chilas rocks carvings. Our next stop is at Nanga Parbat viewpoint which offers breathtaking views of the huge massif of Nanga Parbat. Before entering into the narrow gorge of River Indus, we make another stop at the unique point where three mountain ranges, Karakoram, Himalayas and Hindu Kush meet near the confluence of Indus and Gilgit Rivers. Our onwards journey is through the narrow and barren gorge of Indus and the scenery changes at Kachura, a picturesque lake of Baltistan, where we make a brief stop and later drive on to Skardu town and transfer to hotel on arrival.
- Day 3: Skardu – Sightseeing / Arrangements
This is a free day at Skardu to make an optional trip to Satpara, another vast and picturesque lake of Baltistan. Our staff will make arrangements for porters and make last minute shopping for the expedition.
- Day 4: Skardu – Askole by jeep
We depart by jeeps from Skardu and enter into Shigar Valley across River Indus. From Shigar, we continue our drive along Shigar and Braldu Rivers to the legendary village, Askole, a kick point for expeditions and trekking parties for most of the famous mountains in Baltistan.
We start our trekking from Askole and making a stop at Korofon, a green campsite and crossing Domurdo River we arrive at campsite of Bardumal. A full day’s walk mostly on flat ground helps us to acclimatize.
Another full day walk with tough portion of crossing river by Jhola, the flying fox. Later on we arrive at Paiyu and establish our campsite.
A free day as traditional halt, where porters cook their meals for onwards trekking and the group enjoy a memorable night with singing, dancing and music playing.
We start our trekking on the glacier and make a traverse on Baltoro Glacier, the source of Braldu River to arrive at Liligo campsite. Walking onwards along the glacier, we arrive at campsite of Khaburse for night stay.
Our onwards walk, stay and everything is on the glacier for next few days. We cross Urdukas, the last place to grow grass and alpine flowers, en route and view of Paiyu Peak and Uli Biaho tower behind. Walking in the heart of glacier, Gasherbrum IV – 7929m is visible in her full glory. We pass by the Masherbrum Peak (K-1) – 7821m and view Cathedrals across the glacier. Today our camp will be on the debris of Baltoro Glacier so be prepared for a chilly cold night.
- Day 10: Goro I – Concordia
We are walking in a gorge of high mountains i.e. Gasherbrum, Masherbrum, Cathedrals and Mustagh etc. Mustagh Tower is an eye catching peak on the route. We finally arrive at Concordia and camp under Mitre Peak.
- Day 11: Concordia – Excursion K-2 Base Camp
Today, we will make a trip to the base camp of K-2, crossing Broad Peak base camp en route. The walk is through heavily crevassed glacier but trekking is safe. After photography and having cold picnic lunch at base camp, we start walking back towards Concordia.
- Day 12: Concordia – Ali Camp / Muneer Camp
After breakfast, we will trek to Ali Camp / Muneer Camp, served as assault camp for Ghondoghoral La.
- Day 13: Ali Camp – Ghondoghoro La at 5650m – Kheuspang
A very early start to cross Ghondoghoro La at 5650m, our main challenge of the trek, where we use fixed ropes to cross the crevassed slopes on both sides of the Pass. Once on the top of the pass, a clear day reveals superb panorama of the peaks all around. The Gasherbrums, Broad Peak and K-2 are visible superbly. We start descending down to our campsite and enjoy a relief as the hardest portion of the trek is finished and onwards is an easy walk down to Hushe.
- Day 14: Kheuspang – Dalsangpa
It is an easy and short walk to Dalsangpa, meaning a field of flowers. Superb views of towering Masherbrum and other peaks from the campsite. We enjoy almost a free day as the walking is quite easy in comparison to the previous day’s adventure.
- Day 15: Dalsangpa – Saistcho – Hushe
Finally we are out from savage glaciers and start walking on dry ground. We descend down to Saistcho, a campsite along riverside with trees and greenery. Our walk finishes at green and fertile village of Hushe, the first permanent village after leaving Askole.
- Day 16: Hushe – Khaplu – Skardu
We will drive by jeeps to Khaplu, a major division of Baltistan and known for its delicious fruits. Its other attractions include old Raja’s Palace ( now turned into a hotel residence ) and Khanqah-eChaqchan. From there we will drive to Skardu and transfer to hotel on arrival.
- Day 17: Skardu – Chilas – Besham / Naran
After breakfast, we check out and start our return journey following the Indus River. We reach the KKH and drive to Chilas for a rest and lunch break. After lunch we continue our journey towards Besham for night stay ( If Babusar Pass is open, we will opt the Kaghan Valley route ).
- Day 18: Naran / Besham – Islamabad
From Besham we resume our journey towards Islamabad passing through Manshera, Abbottabad and Havelian we will reach Islamabad at our designated drop off place.
End of the Tour
Based on Standard Hotels / triple room / tent sharing @ Pak Rs. 10,00,000 per person
- Accommodation : On triple sharing basis
- Meals in hotels : Breakfast only
- Camp Meals : Breakfast + Dinner with cold packed lunch
- Transport : Private transport as per the itinerary
- Jeep : Skardu / Askole – Hushe / Skardu
- Driver : Wages, food and his accommodation
- Guide : English (basic) speaking mountain guide
- Permit : Trekking permit fee ( if applicable )
- Various fees : Camping – River crossing – La crossing
- Entrance fees : at sites, museum and national park, if applicable
- Camping equipment : Tents & Mattresses
- Kitchen equipment : Complete cookware and utensils
- All portages : At hotels & airports
- Portage : For personal luggage i.e. 8 kgs
- Porters : Insurance, wages, food, kerosene oil, kit
- Cook : Wages, food, accommodation, insurance and kit
- Porter Sirdar : wages, food, kit and insurance
- Medical Aid : First aid kit and general medicines
Hotels to Use
- Meals while travelling or staying in hotels
- Ruck sack, sleeping bag, crampon, ice axe, walking stick etc.
- Mineral water or soft drinks
- Laundry, beverages & phone calls or other expenses of personal nature
- Personal insurance of trekkers or of their baggage
- Medical aid, evacuation or extra expenses in emergencies
- Extra expenses due to landslides\road blocks
- Extra expenses due to the acts of nature and political reasons etc.
- Early check in or late check out, if different from standard time
- Any item not mentioned above.
- Chilas – Shangrila Midway House / Panorama
- Skardu – Mashabrum / PTDC Motel / Concordia Motel
- Besham – Hiton / PTDC Motel
- Naran – Rose Valley / Kunhar View
- Tents on triple sharing with foam pads / mattress
- Participants to bring their own sleeping bags
- The organizer will arrange fixing of ropes at Ghondoghoro La
- Participants will arrange their personal clothing and technical equipment
- Participants may hire technical equipment from the organizer
- Items required, harness, karabiners, prusik, walking stick, crampons, helmet
- Breakfast & Dinner in hotels
- All meals while camping trekking ( with one main and one side dish )
- Private deluxe / temperature controlled/Cars
- Private jeep for Skardu / Askole & Hushe / Skardu ( soft top / non airconditioned.
Nisar Hussain (Skardu)
For More Details:
- Bank Details:Account Title: Syed Haider Abbas
- Account No. 04767901469703
- HBL Main Branch, Skardu